- Grad Students
We encourage students and alumni who are searching for internships and jobs, or who are interviewing for admission into competitive graduate & professional programs [i.e. medical, dental & similar fields], to consider practice interviewing in our center. Mock interviews are a neat way to both practice and receive feedback in a safe, supportive environment.
A mock interview will help you:
- Know what to expect when you interview for real
- Learn more effective ways to answer different types of questions
- Become more comfortable and confident during interviews
- Have successful real interviews
Mock interview steps:
- Choose a position-of-interest to focus on during your interview, which is usually an internship, job, scholarship finalist award or seat in a grad/professional program.
- Contact our front desk to schedule a mock interview. Mock interviews are scheduled for an hour. For scheduling, please visit or call us. We can't schedule appointments via email. Appointments for alumni and postdocs available for a fee.
- At least 2 business days prior to your scheduled mock interview, please email a description of the job or graduate program to which you are applying, your resume, and your cover letter or personal statement to the individual with whom your interview is scheduled.
- Please prepare for your mock interview as you would a real interview. Suggested preparatory steps include:
Note: If you would like to record your interview, please bring a USB drive with 4 GB of available memory to your appointment. You may also choose to record your interview on your own mobile device, such as your cell phone.
As in most cases, preparation and practice are keys to effective interviewing! Don't forget to smile and remember to be your best self!