- Grad Students
Resources for Student & Alumni Veterans
Veteran Support at UW
The Career Center proudly supports UW students and UW alumni who are veterans of the United States military. Below are just a number of ways we can support you:
- Individual career counseling
- Walk-in appointments
- Networking events
- Career workshops
A maximum of three Career Counseling appointments (usually lasting about 50-60 minutes) are FREE to UW Alumni who are veterans, or for UW Alumni who are currently enlisted in the United States military. Below is information on veteran-related events.
Upcoming Events:Employer Panel: Employers Seeking Veterans November 7th, 2013, 3:30-5:00pm HUB 214
Hear from area employers about how to translate your military experience into the civilian workplace, pursue a job search and more. Participating employers include Cisco, KPMG, Alaska Airlines, Amazon and Microsoft.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. No RSVP necessary.
Additional Veteran Resources
- Career Center Job Search Resources
- UW Veteran’s Center
- Husky United Military Veterans Club (HUMV)
- The GI Bill Web Site
- Google for Veterans
- The Riley Guide to Veteran Job Search
- Military.com Veteran’s Job Board
- VetCentral Job Search
- VetNet - A Career Service for Those Who've Served
- Recruit Military
- Hire a Hero
- Washington State Employment Services for Veterans
- UW Making The Difference: Careers in the Federal Government
- Veterans Transferring to the UW
- Washington State VA Website
- For Veterans - My Next Move - What do you want to do for a living?
- Veterans - EBenefits
- Veterans Congressional Internship Program
- Accenture's Military Career Coach