- Grad Students
- About Us
Law School Fair
Thursday Nov. 14, 2013, 10:00-2:00 - HUB North Ballroom
Thinking about Law School? Then don’t miss the annual Career Center Law School Fair, co-sponsored by the Pre-Law Student Society.
Representatives of more than 85 law schools from across the country gather at the UW looking for potential new students – like you!
At the Law School Fair you can talk to admissions staff, pick up brochures and applications, ask questions and learn more about the schools which interest you. You may make a lasting impression on a representative from the school of your dreams or discover that the perfect school for you is one that you hadn’t considered.
Law School Fair Tips
One of the most important aspects of applying to law school is selecting the programs that are best suited to your interests and career goals. The provides you with an opportunity to gain in-depth information from school representatives that will help you evaluate programs.
- Make use of the pre-law services at Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity and Student Success.
- Come prepared. Before the fair, review the Law School Fair directory (available online prior to the fair) to see which schools will be attending. Then, begin reviewing their websites to get a sense of the law schools and their programs. This will help you identify some of the programs of interest to you and which schools to target at the fair.
- Rank the schools according to your preference. Visit the schools you are most interested in first so that you have plenty of time to gather as much information as you need.
- Prepare a list of questions to help you determine if there is a match between the law school program and your interests and goals. Questions may address costs, financial aid, program requirements, course offerings, facilities, location, student life, faculty, and program reputation.
- Not sure what questions to ask? Check out these law fair tips.
- Give yourself plenty of time, arrive early, and take a few minutes to review the map of the fair.
- Be prepared to answer questions from the admissions representatives, such as, "Why do you want to attend law school?" and "When?".
- Ask the representative for his/her card; this will provide you with a direct contact that can be used later on for asking follow up questions. Use this opportunity to not only network with the representatives, but also to collect materials for later review.
For more information about each Law School,
please check out the Law School Fair's Career Guide.
Participating Law Schools (as of 10/31/13)
- American University Washington College of Law
- Arizona State University
- Arizona Summit Law School
- Boston College Law School
- Brooklyn Law School
- California Western School of Law
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Chapman University School of Law
- Cornell Law School
- CUNY School of Law
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- Fordham Law School
- George Washington University Law School
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- Gonzaga School of Law
- Lewis & Clark Law School
- Loyola Law School | Los Angeles
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- Marquette University Law School
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- New England Law | Boston
- New England University School of Law
- New York Law School
- Northeastern University School of Law
- Northwestern University School of Law
- Notre Dame Law School
- Nova Southeastern University-Shepard Broad Law Center
- Penn State Law
- Pepperdine University School of Law
- Quinnipiac University
- Regent University School of Law
- Roger Williams University School of Law
- Santa Clara Law
- Saint Louis University School of Law
- Savannah Law School
- St. Mary's University School of Law
- Seattle University School of Law
- South Texas College of Law
- Southwestern Law School
- Stanford Law School
- Syracuse University College of Law
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
- Tulane University Law School
- U.C. Berkeley Law School
- UC Davis School of Law
- UC Hasting College of the Law
- UCLA School of Law
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Colorado Law School
- University of Houston Law Center
- University of Idaho College of Law
- University of Miami School of Law
- University of Michigan Law
- University of Minnesota Law School
- University of Montana School of Law
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law
- University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill
- University of Oregon, School of Law
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- University of San Diego School of Law
- University of San Francisco
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
- University of the District of Columbia, David A. Clarke School of Law
- University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law
- University of Utah SJ Quinney College of Law
- University of Washington School of Law
- Vanderbilt Law School
- Vermont Law School
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Western State College of Law
- Whittier Law School
- William Mitchell College of Law
- Willamette University College of Law