- Grad Students
Not sure what to do after college or, for that matter, what to major in while you’re in college? You’re not alone! The Career Center’s team of professionally trained career counselors is ready to help you figure out where you want to go and how to get there.
Consider making an appointment if you’d like to:
- Clarify academic and career interests
- Identify connections between your major and career options
- Identify resources to research employers
- Discover job search strategies
- Identify skills and strengths
- Write effective resumes and cover letters
- Receive feedback on your LinkedIn profile and learn how to use LinkedIn effectively
- Prepare and practice for interviews
- Evaluate job offers from potential employers
- Learn to negotiate salaries
- Determine a course of action to meet career objectives
Scheduling Counseling Appointments
Standard 30-minute appointments can be made in person during standard hours at the Career Center or by calling us at (206)543-0535. Appointments cannot be made via email. Phone meetings are available upon request.
Counseling appointments are free to currently enrolled degree-seeking students of the UW-Seattle campus. If you are a UW alum, please click here for information about career counseling services. Counseling services are not available to students in certificate programs, to UW Bothell or Tacoma students, or to alumni of other colleges or universities.
Currently enrolled degree seeking students may sign up for 15-minute Same-Day session appointments at The Career Center. Same-Day sessions take place between 10am - 3pm Monday thru Friday. To reserve a specific 15 minute timeblock, please come to the Career Center anytime after 8am on the day you want to be seen.
For information about other Puget Sound Career Resources, click here.
The UW Counseling Center, located in 401 Schmitz Hall, provides assessment testing on personality/temperament (Myers Briggs Type Indicator/MBTI) and interests (Strong Interest Inventory). Click here for more information about these widely used instruments.