Need hard-working self-starters who can think creatively and analytically to produce new ideas or synthesize and communicate complex information to diverse audiences? If you are looking for employees who can adapt quickly to your organization and make significant contributions at the individual, team, and company levels, consider an often overlooked group of students – UW’s 12,000 master’s and doctoral students. This page describes strategies for recruiting our high quality advanced degree candidates in over 100 degree programs. For more information, contact Briana Keller, Coordinator of Graduate Student Services, at email@example.com.
- GradStudentJobs Listserve
- After you post your position in HuskyJobs (our online job board and campus recruiting system) or schedule an information session, we can help make graduate students aware of your posting or event via our GradStudentJobs listserve. This opt-in listserve comprises over 1,200 grad students currently looking for work. Contact Briana Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Departmental Contacts
The Career Center is happy to help you connect with graduate students in specific academic departments.
- Learn more about the 100+ master’s and doctoral programs.
- Departmental Career Services Offices
A few University of Washington graduate and professional programs have their own career services staff that may be able to assist you in your effort to recruit master’s and doctoral students.
- Graduate Student Events
- The Career Center periodically invites alumni and employer guests to participate in panel discussions regarding grad student career development. Participation in these events is a great way to increase your visibility with this population. Learn more about our grad student events by visiting the Grad Student calendar.
You are also more than welcome to participate in our general fairs and panels that are open to undergrads, grad students, and alumni.
- Bio Careers
- This new job board connects employers with graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and alumni in life science fields.
For information about other recruiting opportunities, visit the Career Center's Employer page.