- Grad Students
Interview on Campus
Interviewing on campus is an easy and convenient way to recruit talented UW students and alumni for internships and professional career positions. To make sure your recruiting experience is a success, and to help you secure the best UW talent, we advertise your campus visit, inform students of the deadline for submitting an application and promote your positions prior to your visit.
Setting Up Your Interviews
Reservations for interviewing on campus are taken for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters each year. Making a reservation is quick an easy, just follow these steps:
- Think about preferred dates - dates are generally available weekdays October-June, pending availability and excluding holidays and University closures. Please feel free to refer to our Annual Recruiting Calendar for information and date parameters.
- Choose your interview scheduling option:
- Preselect Schedules. Our HuskyJobs system makes the interview process easy for both you and the student. This option allows you to source, review, select and schedule candidates, all through our HuskyJobs system.
- Room Only. This option leaves the candidate identification and scheduling in your hands. Our interview rooms are available between 8am and 5pm, and you may schedule candidates however you’d like within this timeframe. This option is common in the days following Career Fairs and Information Sessions.
- Remote/Virtual Interview. This option allows you to interview from the comfort of your computer. For more information on the process of hosting remote or virtual interviews through the Career Center, please feel free to refer to this document. For support in scheduling virtual interviews, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Decide whether you want to host an InfoSession to help promote your organization prior to your interviews.
- Determine whether you want to add any additional options to increase your visibility while you're on campus.
- Contact our recruiting coordinator to submit your reservation request.
Please note, reservations are accepted on a first-come first-serve basis, so make sure to book your interviews early, as they fill up quickly.
Some Items to Note
Information tables for the purpose of advertising employment opportunities or collecting resumes are not available through the UW Seattle campus.
Posters & Flyers
The Career Center does not have bulletin boards for advertising job opportunities, nor are there boards available in central campus locations. Although some departments may have in-house boards, they must be contacted individually regarding their posting policies.
Campus Visit & Career Center Facilities
All interviews held on campus are held in either the Foster Undergraduate Career Services (Business School) or the UW Career Center (centralized - Arts & Sciences, Technology), unless other arrangements have been made.
Hiring Data Requests
To help us determine the success of UW students and alumni in the job market, the Career Center actively solicits data from employers. We also contribute to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Salary Survey. We appreciate your assistance in gathering this data by informing us of your UW hiring activity. All information will remain confidential and will be reported only in aggregate.