- Grad Students
- About Us
Interview on Campus
Interviewing on campus is an easy and convenient way to recruit talented UW students and alumni for internships, jobs and professional career positions. To make sure your recruiting experience is a success, and to help you secure the best UW talent, we advertise your campus visit, inform students of the deadline for submitting an application and promote your InfoSession* prior to your visit.
Setting Up Your Interviews
Reservations for interviewing on campus are taken for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters each year. Making a reservation is quick an easy, just follow these steps:
- Review our Annual Recruiting Calendar to help choose your dates.
- Choose your interview scheduling option:
- Preselect Schedules. Our HuskyJobs system makes the interview process easy for both you and the student. Requests for an interview date are made through the system; once approved, the students then apply online. This option allows you to review and select from a candidate pool of UW students and alumni with whom to schedule 1:1 interviews.
- Room Only. This option leaves the candidate identification and scheduling in your hands. Perhaps you are attending a career fair or holding an Information Session where you meet students that are possible candidates for your organization. Sign them up for a time to meet the following day or another day that you’ve scheduled a Room Only in the Career Center.
- Remote/Virtual Interview. This option allows you to interview from the comfort of your computer. For more information on the process of hosting remote or virtual interviews through the Career Center, please feel free to refer to this document. For support in scheduling virtual interviews, email email@example.com .
- Decide whether you want to host an InfoSession to help promote your organization prior to your interviews.
- Determine whether you want to add any additional options to increase your visibility while you're on campus.
- Contact our recruiting coordinator to submit your reservation request.
Please note, reservations are accepted on a first-come first-serve basis, so make sure to book your interviews early, as they fill up quickly.
Some Items to Note
Information tables for the purpose of advertising employment opportunities or collecting resumes are not available through the UW Seattle campus.
Posters & Flyers
The Career Center does not have bulletin boards for advertising job opportunities, nor are there boards available in central campus locations. Although some departments may have in-house boards, they must be contacted individually regarding their posting policies.
Campus Visit & Career Center Facilities
All interviews held on campus are held in either the Foster Undergraduate Career Services (Business School) or the UW Career Center (centralized - Arts & Sciences, Technology), unless other arrangements have been made.
Hiring Data Requests
To help us determine the success of UW students and alumni in the job market, the Career Center actively solicits data from employers. We also contribute to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Salary Survey. We appreciate your assistance in gathering this data by informing us of your UW hiring activity. All information will remain confidential and will be reported only in aggregate.
* InfoSessions are produced and managed for a fee. For more information, please see our pricing and fee schedule.